Atomic “puzzler” activity provides a fun way to review core atomic structure concepts! Kit consists of 15 unique puzzle sheets, each with 20 different atomic structure “clues” testing students’ knowledge of atomic number, mass number, isotopes, ions, and protons, neutrons, and electrons.
Students, working in pairs, answer the questions on their puzzle sheets in numerical order, and then turn them over to reveal a letter or punctuation mark needed to decode a secret message about the nature of the atom. All student groups must enter their clues in the proper order, 300 total, to decipher the hidden message! A great cooperative class activity—your students will love breaking the code!
Complete for 15 groups of students.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 508
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 273
You May Also Like
- Electron Configuration Bingo - Super Value Game
- Chemistry Bingo - Super Value Game
- Isotope Identity Games
- Atomic Target Practice - Rutherford Scattering and the Nuclear Atom - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Naming Atoms - Elements, Ions, and Isotopes - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Electron Structure - Student Laboratory Kit
- Atomic Coatings - The Size of an Atom - Student Laboratory Kit
- Discovering the Charge of an Electron - Analogy of Millikan's Oil-Drop Experiment - Student Laboratory Kit
- Electron Structure - 1s Orbital - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Quantum Leap - Student Laboratory Kit