Discover the realm of photosynthetic algae and increase student microscopy skills with this kit. Students compare and contrast living and preserved species from the groups Chrysophyta, Euglenophyta, and Chlorophyta, and investigate characteristics of both multicellular and colonial algae. The laboratory begins with a thorough inspection of prepared microscope slides. After examining the internal and external features of the preserved specimens, students observe living samples of the same organisms to study their behavior as well. A great introduction to a pond or marine water classification lab!
Kit includes prepared slides and materials for 30 students working in pairs. Compound microscopes and live cultures are required but are not provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 994
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 507
You May Also Like
- Algae Survey Slide Set
- Algae Set - Mixed
- Green Algae-Compariset
- Why Is The Water Green? - Student Laboratory Kit
- Characteristics of Protists - Student Laboratory Kit
- Exploring the Compound Microscope - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microscope "Mystery" Kit - A Drawing, Identifying, and Size-Estimating Challenge
- Bacteria Study Set
- Plant and Animal Cell Mystery
- Investigating Tissue Microscopy - Forensic Laboratory Kit