How does the Earth's rotation affect objects moving over its surface? Innovative activity model gives students hands-on experience investigating how objects move across the surface of a rotating planet due to the Coriolis Effect. Students will study the effect of temperature and the Coriolis Effect on ocean currents and also compare the influence of the Coriolis Effect on the atmosphere in the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Fascinating simulation!
Kit includes enough materials and Coriolis Effect models for five student groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1016
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 666
You May Also Like
- Coriolis Effect Apparatus
- Find the Epicenter—Student Activity Kit
- Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes Demonstration Kit
- Density Flow Model Junior
- Landform Demonstration Kit
- Pangaea-Student Laboratory Kit
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Topography Map Reading-Model and Lab Activity
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Modeling and Mapping Topography Kit