Give students a firsthand look at ocean circulation patterns! Easy-to-use activity model demonstrates the effects of temperature and salinity on the circulation of water. First, observe the striking effect that water temperature has on ocean currents by placing cold blue water on one side of the model and hot red water on the other side. Then set up a salt water concentration gradient to investigate ocean currents that arise when cold, dense saltwater sinks. Includes complete instructions and detailed teacher notes.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 946
You May Also Like
- Rock Cycle Model Activity Set
- Deluxe Stream Table
- Ocean Floor Topography Map
- World Ocean Floor Map
- Pangaea-Student Laboratory Kit
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Modeling and Mapping Topography Kit
- Coriolis Effect Environmental Science Kit
- Strike-Slip Fault Activity Kit