Have students create and explore geological faults—without leaving the classroom! Easy-to-use fault models will graphically depict how opposing geologic forces can cause rock to break and move horizontally, forming strike-slip faults. Realistic simulation will introduce students to strike-slip fault types, shearing, and how changing plate boundaries can cause earthquakes. Although the activity will only take minutes to perform, students will see how landforms have shifted over millions of years! Includes five complete fault models, sand, tamper plates, complete student instructions with easy-to-perform experiments, and comprehensive teacher notes.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 948
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 644
You May Also Like
- Investigating Plate Tectonics Lab Activity
- Seismograph Model
- Mapping Earthquakes and Volcanoes Kit
- Pangaea-Student Laboratory Kit
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Modeling Faults Student Activity Kit
- Find the Epicenter—Student Activity Kit
- Exploring Earthquakes Activity-Stations Kit
- Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes Demonstration Kit