Explore important concepts related to groundwater using this activity-station lab kit! Three “mini-lab” activities, each focusing on a specific groundwater-related principle or topic, are included:
• Permeability and Porosity—students perform a measurement lab activity to determine and calculate the percent porosity and permeability of different soil samples.
• Groundwater Simulation Model—students create and test a groundwater simulation model. Model features include confined aquifers, wells, and both point and non-point pollution sources.
• Permeable Reactive Barriers—students will observe the potential of using metallic iron to clean up contaminated groundwater via an oxidation-reduction reaction.
Each activity is a self-contained unit and student groups may rotate through the stations in any order. Teacher notes with complete sample data, comprehensive background information, reproducible student handouts, and all chemicals and consumables needed to perform the activities are supplied. Activity-stations lab format lets you do more labs in less time!
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1052
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 682
You May Also Like
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemical Pollution in Water - A Qualitative Ion Test Super Value Kit
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cleaning Up with Iron Demonstration Kit
- Buffering Lakes and Streams—Environmental Science Demonstration Kit
- Forensic Groundwater Contamination - Student Laboratory Kit
- Groundwater Simulation Model Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Lead in Water - Student Laboratory Kit
- Oil-Eating Bacteria Kit
- Effects of Chemical and Thermal Pollution Student Laboratory Kit