Send your students on an adventure to discover how the calcium in their breakfast juice could have once been part of a volcanic eruption! The random method of this interactive exercise helps students understand the dynamic nature of the rock cycle, how rocks are formed, and the forces that drive the process. A simple roll of the specially-designed colored die at each “rock cycle station” determines the next step in the process—it may be weathering, melting, or even to remain in place. After traveling through the rock cycle, students compare and contrast their experiences, and conclude that no two adventures are alike!
Kit includes complete instructions with reproducible student worksheets, detailed background information, valuable teacher notes and enough materials for 30 students working individually. Materials are completely reusable for years of adventure!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1067
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 656
You May Also Like
- Investigating The Rock Cycle Chart
- Rock Charts Set
- Chemical and Mechanical Weathering of Rock Student Laboratory Kit
- Common Uses of Rocks and Minerals Student Laboratory Kit
- What Rock Is It? Chart
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit
- Classroom Rock Collection
- Rock Tumbler, Tumble-Vibe
- Rocks and Rock Forming Mineral Collection