Let students see for themselves the difference between a circle and the elliptical path a planet follows as it orbits the Sun. In this hands-on activity, students construct ellipses and then explore the shape of a planet’s orbit as they investigate Kepler’s laws of planetary motion. After analyzing the results of their investigation, students form an operational definition of an ellipse. Durable materials eliminate wobbly pins with hazardous sharp points.
Kit includes complete instructions with reproducible student worksheets, detailed background information, valuable teacher notes, and enough materials for ten groups of students.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1010
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 706
You May Also Like
- Constellation Transparency Set
- Lunar Phases Activity
- Orbital Speed Demonstration Kit
- Elliptical Orbits Overhead Demonstration Kit
- Sun Scale Student Activity Kit
- Planetarium, Illuminated, Manual
- Solar System Chart
- Celestial Star Globe, Universal
- Map of the Universe Chart
- Spacestation™ 60 mm Refractor Telescope, Tasco®