Students will have no fear as they enter the wildlife “unit-factoring” refuge! Students often forget to include units when solving problems or recording measurements, yet numbers without units are often meaningless. Take the confusion out of dimensional analysis or factor labeling with this engaging activity. Students develop the habit of using proper problem-solving techniques as they use specially-designed wildlife ratio cards to solve a set of puzzles and determine how many animals of a particular species are on the refuge. Six different puzzles present challenges of varying levels. Includes complete instructions with reproducible student handouts, and valuable Teacher Notes.
Super Value Kit is complete for 15 student groups and all materials are completely reusable—a super value!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 442
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 259
You May Also Like
- Measuring the Length of a Molecule - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Metric Match Game
- Metric-ominos Game - Student Activity Kit
- Basic SI Units and Prefixes Chart
- How Scientists Measure - Activity-Stations Kit
- Measurement in the Laboratory - Activity-Stations Kit
- Shrink Plastic Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit