Students will have no fear as they enter the wildlife “unit-factoring” refuge! Students often forget to include units when solving problems or recording measurements, yet numbers without units are often meaningless. Take the confusion out of dimensional analysis or factor labeling with this engaging activity. Students develop the habit of using proper problem-solving techniques as they use specially-designed wildlife ratio cards to solve a set of puzzles and determine how many animals of a particular species are on the refuge. Six different puzzles present challenges of varying levels. Includes complete instructions with reproducible student handouts, and valuable Teacher Notes.
Super Value Kit is complete for 15 student groups and all materials are completely reusable—a super value!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 463
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 262
You May Also Like
- Shrink Plastic Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- Metric Match Game
- Measurement in the Laboratory - Activity-Stations Kit
- Measuring the Length of a Molecule - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- How Scientists Measure - Activity-Stations Kit
- Metric-ominoes Game
- Basic SI Units and Prefixes Chart
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit