Whether you are climbing a mountain or diving deep in the sea, the gas laws are always in force! Expand your students’ understanding of the gas laws with this cooperative classroom activity. Kit contains of 15 unique puzzle sheets, each with 12 different puzzle questions covering Boyle’s Law, Charles’s Law, Gay–Lussac’s Law, the combined gas law, the Ideal Gas Law, molar volume of gases, etc.
Students work in pairs to answer the questions and then take the sum of all the numerical answers to identify their piece of a colorful gas laws puzzle poster. After collaborating with other teams and re-checking their puzzle clues if necessary, the class assembles the collage to create a gas laws poster. The poster illustrates many everyday applications of the gas laws. A great activity to tie together all the principles and concepts relating to the properties of gases while providing a positive visual reinforcement all year long.
Complete for 15 student groups. All materials are reusable.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 509
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 363
You May Also Like
- The Gas Laws, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 9
- Molar Volume of Hydrogen - Combining the Gas Laws - Student Laboratory Kit
- Massing Gases - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Boyle's Law in a Bottle - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Diffusion of Gases - Kinetic Energy Demonstration Kit
- Pressure vs. Temperature Gas Law Apparatus
Properties of Gases and the Gas Laws -
- Chemistry of Gases DVD Set
- Common Gases - Student Laboratory Kit
- Gas Laws Equipment Kit