Combustion of Isopropyl Alcohol
Launch your students into a discussion of chemical reactions with this fun, safe, and exciting demonstration. This thrilling demonstration of the controlled combustion of isopropyl alcohol teaches students the concepts of combustion, thermochemistry, exothermic reactions, and gas laws. When the vapor is ignited, the foam ball is propelled across the room.
Cannon is constructed of PVC and can be reused for many years to come. Includes safety instructions, procedure, demonstration notes and tips. Isopropyl alcohol, 7” foam ball, and safety lighter are required and available separately.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 405
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 332
You May Also Like
- 7" Foam Ball
- Butane Safety Lighter
- Isopropyl Alcohol, Reagent, 500 mL
- Knock Your Socks Off Apparatus Kit - Reaction of Calcium Carbide
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Piezo Ping Pong Popper - Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Energy and Thermodynamics DVD Set
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10