Hydraulic Elevator - Physical Science Demonstration Kit AP7447
Atmospheric pressure is all around us and we can prove it with the power of pressure! A water-filled test tube is covered with an index card and inverted. The card stays in place due to atmospheric pressure. Could the pressure push a smaller tube into a larger tube of water? That question and more are answered with this fun demonstration showing water is no match for air pressure. Great discussion starter demo!
Kit includes a demonstration tube, stoppers, test tubes, a reproducible student worksheet, and detailed Teacher Notes with instructions, tips, and sample student answers.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 609
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 349
You May Also Like
- Hydraulic Hot Water Bottle - Demonstration Kit
- Pascal's Law - Student Laboratory Kit
- Principles of Hydraulics - Student Laboratory Kit
- Adhesion Disk
- Cohesion Plates- Demo Kit
- Water Spouts - Kinetic vs. Potential Energy - A Torricelli's Law Demonstration Kit
- Capillary Equilibrium Tube
- Soda Bottle Physics Kit
- The Bursting Water Pipe
- Introduction to Bernoulli's Principle Kit