Measurement is a basic and essential component in many science laboratory investigations. In this unique activity, students practice and perfect their measurement skills using an incredible shrinking material known as shrink plastic. Students calculate the area, volume, and density of the shrink plastic pieces before and after they are heated and shrunk. The results are then compared and contrasted. A fun, must-have measurement activity kit! Includes Teacher Notes and reproducible student handouts.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 463
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 263
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Calipers, Vernier, Double Scale, Steel
- Shrink Plastic, Printable
- Metric Match Game
- Measurement in the Laboratory - Activity-Stations Kit
- Measuring the Length of a Molecule - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- How Scientists Measure - Activity-Stations Kit
- Metric-ominoes Game
- Basic SI Units and Prefixes Chart
- Problem Solving on the Wildlife Refuge - Introduction to Unit Factoring - Super Value Kit