Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit, AP7413
Add some sparkle to your next holiday celebration by making crystal ornaments. Students make a saturated solution of sodium borate, bend a chenille wire into the desired shape and suspend the wire in the solution. The next day students remove a beautiful crystal-covered ornament from the solution! Art and science combine as students learn about solutions and solubility and examine their ornaments under magnification to determine the crystal shape. Suitable for any holiday or seasonal event, this fun activity easily fits into the curriculum whenever these concepts are presented. Includes valuable Teacher Notes, detailed background information, a reproducible student worksheet, and all necessary materials.
Complete for 30 students working individually. Additional chenille wires and sodium borate are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 450
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 498
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Giant Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Growing Crystals in Gels - Introductory Laboratory Kit
- Microscale Silicate Garden - Super Value Kit
- Crystal Growing Rock - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Crystal Forest - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Structure - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Models of Ionic and Metallic Crystals Kit