Discover the incredible properties of silver nanoparticles in this hands-on nanotechnology activity. Students create their own colloidal silver solution, observe the ability of the solution to scatter light, and learn about its antimicrobial properties. The unique physical and chemical properties of silver nanoparticles and macroscopic silver will be compared and contrasted. Students will see how the silver nanoparticles appear gold rather than silver! Teacher Notes, background material, and reproducible student handouts are included.
Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. Flashlight or laser pointer is required and available separately.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 470
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Laser Pointer
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 250-mL
- Commercial Ferrofluid - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- What's So Big About Nanotechnology? Activity-Stations Kit
- Liquid Crystals - How Do They Do That? Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Modeling Nanotechnology - Encapsulation by Sodium Alginate - Student Laboratory Kit
- Ruby-Red Colloidal Gold Nanotechnology - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Ferrofluid Nanotechnology - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Teaching Chemistry Video Series Complete DVD Set