This simulation kit is a great alternative to conducting the full Sordaria genetics laboratory. Visual perithecium cards allow each student group to count crossed and non-crossed ascospores, to calculate the spore color gene map distance, and to comprehend the importance of this historical genetic method even in modern genetics. Five sets of each of the fifteen spore cards ensure unique results for each student group.
This completely reusable kit includes reproducible student handouts, detailed Teacher Notes and enough materials for 15 pairs of students. A super value!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 777
You May Also Like
- Sordaria Genetics - Advanced Student Laboratory Kit
- Genetics of Organisms Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 7, 3 Groups
- Population Genetics and Evolution Laboratory Kit- AP Biology Lab 8
- Botheads - A Genetic Variation Simulation
- Dihybrid Cross Poster
- Eye Color and Polygenic Inheritance—Student Laboratory Kit
- Discover the Possibilities! A Genetics Probability Activity
- Genetics - Laboratory and Classroom Activities Book
- Genetics of Taste - Student Laboratory Kit
- Student Laboratory Notebook, Biology