The major biology theme of structure and function occurs frequently in the essay portion of the AP exam. Use these three biology demonstrations to cement student understanding of the connection between the structure and the function of a biomolecule or system in biology.
• Use acids and bases to demonstrate how the structure of some proteins allows for different structures in acidic versus basic solutions.
• Use an indicator to observe the permeability of a living membrane.
• Spool DNA to show the polymer structure of this and other important biomolecules. Then use the included sample essay questions to delve into the related function of these biomolecules.
Kit includes enough materials to perform each demonstration at least three times.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 780
You May Also Like
- Regulation—AP Biology Review Demonstration Kit
- Cell Membrane Permeability - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plasma Membrane Model
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- AP Biology Teacher's Laboratory Preparation Manual
- AP Biology Laboratory Manual for Students
- AP Biology CliffsNotes®, 4th Edition
- AP Biology Flashcards, CliffsNotes®
- AP Biology Test Prep Book
- Student Laboratory Notebook, Biology