Build a functioning heart model! The heart acts as the “pump” of the cardiovascular system. Pressure created in the heart drives blood throughout the entire circulatory system. Balloons, rubber tubing and adjustable plastic clamps are used to construct this hands-on and highly visual model. Pressure is applied to the chambers and the clamps are manipulated to show students how blood flows through the heart itself to the rest of the body.
Kit comes with enough materials to build six model hearts, extensive background information, student worksheets with answers, and valuable Teacher’s Notes.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 723
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 586
You May Also Like
- Cardiovascular System Bingo—Student Review Game
- Heart Model, Life-size, Two-part
- Investigating Heart Rate - Demonstration Kit
- Physiology of the Human Circulatory System
Studying Heart Rate Using Daphnia -
Student Laboratory Kit
- Studying Heart Function Using Electrocardiograms
- Pulse Oximeter
- Stethoscope, Teaching
- Blood Pressure Set, Teaching
- Heart Model, The Heart of America