You pick up a pan by the handle and almost simultaneously realize it is scorching hot and drop it! The act of letting go of the pan is an example of a reflex. The body has numerous reflexes that are designed to protect us from harm. Students perform five tests to observe the innate reflexes the body performs in order to maintain homeostasis. Reflex tests include the patellar, Achilles, Babinski, pupillary, and blink reflexes.
Kit includes enough materials for 15 groups of students and five reflex hammers which are shared among three groups. Super Value Kit—all materials are completely reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 740
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 604
You May Also Like
- Reflex Hammer
- Action/Reaction Lab
- Reaction Timer
- Human Senses Experiment Kit
- Measuring Reaction Time - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Peripheral Vision - Student Laboratory Kit
- Visual Perception - Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Astigmatism Student Laboratory Activity
- Two-Point Discriminator
- Understanding Sound and Hearing - Student Laboratory Kit