Make meiosis memorable using large-scale magnets! Instead of struggling to tell which chromosome is which from one stage to the next, magnetic chromosomes allow students to clearly see how each chromosome moves and changes. Follow the magnetic chromosomes through meiosis I and II as they cross over, separate homologous pairs, and form two haploid daughter cells.
Kit contains all reusable materials including 32 red magnets, 32 blue magnets, 8 black magnets, and useful background information.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 976
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 600
You May Also Like
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- Animal Cell Meiosis Model
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- DNA Staining - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mitosis, Meiosis, and Cell Division Slide Set