Sweeten the experience of learning anatomical terminology by dissecting gelatin gingerbread men! Students practice anatomical terminology by correctly following the dissection instructions. Specific cuts along the medial and transverse planes are made to obtain highly visual cross-sections. In order to obtain and sketch the correct cross sections students learn terms such as superior, inferior, anterior, posterior, transverse, and frontal among others. This activity brings a 3-D perspective to learning relative anatomical positions.
This kit includes enough materials for 16 groups of students, detailed Teacher’s Guide, and student worksheet with answers. Food items that simulate internal organs are recommended but not provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 793
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 607
You May Also Like
- Coloring Guide to Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy 360°
- School Torso with Head, 16-part
- Skeleton, Standard, Rod Mount
- Human Anatomy in Full Color
- Skeletal Bingo Student Review Game
- Cardiovascular System Bingo—Student Review Game
- Levers of the Body Demonstration Kit
- Muscle Bingo Student Review Game
- POGIL™ Activities for High School Biology