From nanofabric to nanobots, nanotechnology has created so much “buzz” that it’s hard to tell where the science ends and the science fiction begins. In this activity-stations lab, students explore some of the fascinating developments in the rapidly growing field of nanotechnology. Simply set up the four mini-lab activities around the classroom and allow students to rotate through the stations in any order. Student activities include:
• Placing objects in order of relative size from the astronomical to the atomic level.
• Exploring the properties of a magnetic fluid.
• Simulating a method of using nanoparticles to deliver medicine to targeted cells.
• Investigating water-repellent sand.
The activity-stations format allows more labs to be completed in less time, with each activity designed to take 10 minutes to complete. This versatile kit fits into many areas of the science curriculum with applications in measurement, physical and chemical properties, the health and biomedical fields, consumer science, and STEM education. Includes Teacher Notes with sample data, extensive background information, reproducible student handouts, and all necessary supplies.
Complete for 24 students working in groups of three.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 470
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 374
You May Also Like
- Chemical Wizardry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Amazing Modern Materials - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- "Golden" Silver Nanoparticles - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Commercial Ferrofluid - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Liquid Crystals - How Do They Do That? Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Modeling Nanotechnology - Encapsulation by Sodium Alginate - Student Laboratory Kit
- Ruby-Red Colloidal Gold Nanotechnology - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Ferrofluid Nanotechnology - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Teaching Chemistry Video Series Complete DVD Set
- Flinn Favorite Goggle Safety Posters