Student Laboratory Kit
Looking for a creative way to teach evolution? Study seed evolution by making histograms! Evolution often conjures mental images of monkeys to cavemen to modern humans. In reality, evolution can be studied on a much simpler scale. Measure mass and length of sunflower seeds to see how such traits are selected in nature. Histograms created from the data allow students to analyze the frequency and symmetry of distribution and draw conclusions about the natural selection of seed size.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Five calipers are included for student groups to share. Additional calipers are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 999
You May Also Like
- Genetically-Modified Food - Student Laboratory Kit
- Heredity and Environment Kit
- Plants in the Spotlight - A Photosynthesis Investigation Kit
- Seed Germination and Moisture
- Seed Germination Set
- Seed Identification Kit
- Wisconsin Fast Plants®, Pkg. of 200 Seeds
- What Is In A Seed? Kit
- Coacervate Kit
- Natural Selection - Super Value Kit