Students explore the basic principles of reflection and refraction as they investigate properties of visible light in this series of three hands-on experiments. As students rotate from one lab station to the next, they use a plane mirror to discover the law of reflection, investigate the refraction of transmitted light, and explore multiple images created by two mirrors set at various angles.
The activity-stations format allows more labs to be completed in less time, with each activity designed to take 12–15 minutes to complete.Teacher notes with sample data, pre- and post-lab questions and answers, and materials to perform each activity are supplied. All materials are completely reusable—a great value!
Complete for 9 student groups.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 729
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 455
You May Also Like
- Sunsets and Light Scattering - Demonstration Kit
- Investigating Light and Optics - Student Laboratory Kit
- Principles of Reflection and Optical Illusions
- Prism Set, Acrylic, Set of 6
- Prism, Equilateral, Glass 25 X 75 mm
- Refraction and Total Internal Reflection—Individual Kit
- Student Optics Kit-individual
- Aperture Science Demonstration Kit
- Build a Microscope- Student Kit
- Build a Telescope-Student Kit