Captivate the natural curiosity of your students with slingshot cars! In this hands-on activity, students investigate Newton’s Laws and gain a better conceptual understanding of these laws that govern motion. By increasing the force that accelerates the car, students observe the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration in action. Students then apply their knowledge as they identify action–reaction pairs of forces throughout the activity. Kit includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, and complete Teacher Notes with answers to all questions.
Complete for 8 student groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 563
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 289
You May Also Like
- Guinea and Feather Tube
- Pressure Paradox
- Bed of Nails
- Balloon Rockets - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Force and Motion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Investigating Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Free Fall Student Laboratory Kit
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Diving Eggs Inertia Challenge - Newton's First Law Demonstration