Captivate the natural curiosity of your students with slingshot cars! In this hands-on activity, students investigate Newton’s Laws and gain a better conceptual understanding of these laws that govern motion. By increasing the force that accelerates the car, students observe the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration in action. Students then apply their knowledge as they identify action–reaction pairs of forces throughout the activity. Kit includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, and complete Teacher Notes with answers to all questions.
Complete for 8 student groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 602
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 297
You May Also Like
- Diving Eggs Inertia Challenge - Newton's First Law Demonstration
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Balloon Rockets - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Bed of Nails
- Force and Motion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall Student Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Guinea and Feather Tube
- Investigating Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Pressure Paradox