Nothing catches students’ interest like catching a criminal! The window is broken and the television is missing! Luckily for student investigators the burglar left something behind—fibers from his or her clothing that got caught in the broken glass. Students eagerly take the samples back to the crime lab to be analyzed. Six different types of fibers are examined using a burn test and dye analysis to discover their unique physical and chemical properties and determine the identity of each.
This kit includes all the necessary materials for 30 students working in pairs, with complete Teacher Notes and an optional microscopy extension activity.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 541
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 620
You May Also Like
- Food Analysis Mystery- Forensic Investigation Kit
- Amino Acid Fingerprints Kit
- Detective's Casebook - Student Laboratory Kit
- Of Maggots and Murder - Forensic Entomology Kit
- Forensic Supply Kit
- Kastle-Meyer Reagent, 100 mL
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Kit
- Presumptive Blood Test-Forensic Investigation Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Kit
- Dyeing for Forensics - Super Value Kit