Nothing catches students’ interest like catching a criminal! The window is broken and the television is missing! Luckily for student investigators the burglar left something behind—fibers from his or her clothing that got caught in the broken glass. Students eagerly take the samples back to the crime lab to be analyzed. Six different types of fibers are examined using a burn test and dye analysis to discover their unique physical and chemical properties and determine the identity of each. This kit includes all the necessary materials, complete Teacher Notes and an optional microscope extension activity.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 567
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 637
You May Also Like
- Dyeing for Forensics - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Kastle-Meyer Reagent, 100 mL, Forensic Test
- Amino Acid Fingerprints - Demonstration Kit
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Detective's Casebook - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis Mystery - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Of Maggots and Murder - Forensic Entomology Laboratory Kit
- Presumptive Blood Test - Forensic Demonstration Kit
- Forensic Supply Kit