Frequently Asked Chemistry Questions
Safety, Storage, and Disposal of Chemicals
- How do I dispose of laboratory chemicals?
- What should I do with old lecture bottle gas cylinders?
- Is potassium metal an explosion risk?
- How should I properly store sodium metal?
- What options do I have for heat in a lab which does not have gas jets
- Why is my t–Butyl alcohol solid?
- My acid has turned brown. Is it still good?
- Are the Sep-Pak® C18 cartridges for Column Chromatography reuseable?
How to Make Chemical Solutions
- How do I make sodium silicate solution (waterglass) from the solid?
- How should I make a 1 molar solution?
- How do I make slime?
Chemistry General Questions
- How do I reunite separated mercury thermometers?
- What are the benefits of Flinn Chemical Demonstration Kits?
- What is the difference between reagent grade and laboratory (lab) grade chemicals?
- What are good substitutes for halogenated hydrocarbons that are no longer available?
- How do I store my Flinn pH meter?
Shipment of Chemicals