Teach traditional concepts with a little art and creativity! Your students will be mesmerized with their very own miniature lava lamp. Students follow the procedure to put together the lava lamp. With addition of a seltzer tablet, the chemical reaction begins and students identify the intermolecular forces, products and reactants in the bottle. Then a sweet candy experiment reinforces the concept of intermolecular forces between candy dyes and water. Two video resources are included to help guide your students.
Individual Flinn blended Learning Solution Kits include experiment supplies and 1 year of digital content access to one lab for 30 users. Digital features include:
- Anytime, anywhere digital access to prelab, technique and summary videos that help students focus on understanding core chemical concepts and progress through experiments independently.
- Digital procedures optimized to work, with embedded assessments and real sample data and enough materials for 24–30 students working in small groups to complete each experiment
- Unique takes on core chemistry concepts and clear connections to the things students experience in their everyday lives.
- Virtual reality simulations that place students “inside the beaker” to connect the atomic and macroscopic scales and browser-based simulations that allow students to generate digital emission spectra and pH indicator tables.
- Built-in safety training—videos and assessments on pre-lab safety, proper PPE, safety equipment, procedure safety, chemical disposal, hazard recognition and emergency response.