Your students will love this Exploring Atomic and Electron Structure with Light activity-stations blended lab with its bright lights and beautiful colors! A virtual reality spectrum tube activity—done on the digital platform from home or in the classroom—allows students to view and analyze emission spectra. Then students witness the science of phosphorescence by testing different color (wavelength) LEDs against a phosphorescent surface. Finally, a wet lab portion involves making a glow stick solution by mixing two chemical solutions that produce light—chemiluminescence!
Individual Flinn blended Learning Solution Kits include experiment supplies and 1 year of digital content access to one lab for 30 users. Digital features include:
- Anytime, anywhere digital access to prelab, technique and summary videos that help students focus on understanding core chemical concepts and progress through experiments independently.
- Digital procedures optimized to work, with embedded assessments and real sample data and enough materials for 24–30 students working in small groups to complete each experiment
- Unique takes on core chemistry concepts and clear connections to the things students experience in their everyday lives.
- Virtual reality simulations that place students “inside the beaker” to connect the atomic and macroscopic scales and browser-based simulations that allow students to generate digital emission spectra and pH indicator tables.
- Built-in safety training—videos and assessments on pre-lab safety, proper PPE, safety equipment, procedure safety, chemical disposal, hazard recognition and emergency response.