Designed to meet the demanding needs of your science laboratory. This unique goggle sanitizer has been specifically designed by Flinn Scientific for science teachers. Over 50 science teachers participated in its design. Some of the special features include:
- A racking system that conveniently stores 36 pairs of chemical splash goggles or safety glasses without having to stack them on top of one another.
- The light viewing screen, 15-minute timer, and instructions are all conveniently located on the front of the cabinet. This not only allows for easy use, but allows the side of the cabinet to “butt” up against other cabinets, saving valuable bench/storage space.
- A longer-life, high-intensity ultraviolet, 25-wattlightbulb is used to improve sanitizing performance.
- A safety message silk-screened on the front of the cabinet reminds students “Safety First.”
- A great price! You won't find a better price anywhere.
The purpose of a goggle sanitizer is to allow several classes of students to safely share goggles. A five-minute exposure of UV light will kill over 99.5% of all bacteria present on goggles. Safety and ease of use were the primary consideration in the new Flinn goggle sanitizer design. A key lock allows the doors to be locked during sterilization. Two safety door switches automatically shut off the UV light source should one of the doors be accidentally opened. The light viewing screen mounted on the front of the cabinet confirms UV light is being generated.
The cabinet is fully assembled and constructed of 24-gauge steel with a white baked enamel finish. A heavy-duty 8' (96") neoprene cord is provided. Cabinet dimensions are 28-1/2" H x 26-1/4" W x 10-1/4" D and can be shipped UPS.
Goggles not included. Tip:
Use neoprene matting (Flinn Catalog No. SE1042) to help keep safety glasses in place on the rack of the sanitizer.