IMSA Fusion is an award-winning, research-based student enrichment and teacher professional development STEM program that serves students in 4th through 8th grade who are talented, interested and motivated in mathematics and science.
The program offers 12 modules of hands-on, minds-on science, technology, engineering and mathematics that each deliver 32 hours of student engagement and experience.
Teachers benefit from the all-inclusive design which includes the curriculum, lab kits, ongoing teacher professional development and support to effectively deliver this program.
Goals of the Program
- Maintain and increase students’ interest, involvement and literacy in science and mathematics.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of teachers in science, mathematics and technology.
- Stimulate excellence in schools’ science and mathematics programs.
- Help increase access to programming for students who are historically under-resourced in science, mathematics and technology.
IMSA Fusion curriculum
- Grounded in NGSS* and Common Core Math Standards and Practices.
- An inquiry-based, problem-centered curriculum that easily integrates with current science curriculum.
- Learning experiences that focus on helping students “learn how to learn,” emphasizing logic, mathematical thinking and experimental scientific rationale.
- Real-world topics are covered so students can make the immediate connection to their own lives and increase the motivation for further inquiry.
*NGSS and Next Generation Science Standards is a registered trademark of Acheive. Neither Acheive nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.
- Video-based professional development training to cover the IMSA Fusion Pedagogy and provide detailed instruction on how to implement the program at your school.
- Reproducible student workbooks and a detailed teacher’s manual.
- Enough materials to complete all the included activities.
- 32 hours of instruction.