Flinn Scientific is excited to join with The POGIL®
project to publish this series of student-centered Earth and Space Science activities designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Integrate scientific practices, reasoning and inquiry in the Earth Science classroom with 11 interactive, guided-inquiry activities:
- Inferring Experimental Design from Data Tables
- You Rock! How Are Different Kinds of Rocks Made?
- Earth’s Layered Structure
- Movement Inside the Earth (Plate Tectonics)
- To Shake or Not to Shake? Exploring How Earthquakes Behave
- Where are Tectonic Plate Boundaries Located?
- Shuffling the Continents (Pangaea to Present Day Location of Continents)
- Forecasting National Catastrophes
- Human Impacts on Drinking Water Quality
- Comparing Objects in the Solar System
- Life Cycles of Stars
Each package is delivered digitally, with each activity accessible as an individual student PDF and an individual teacher’
s edition PDF. The teacher’s edition of each activity includes the answers to all questions and teacher resource pages with learning objectives, knowledge prerequisites, assessment questions, alignment to NGSS and teaching tips. Electronic student PDFs of all the activities may be printed by the teacher who purchased the product. Contact Flinn for a special free license agreement to obtain permission to post the student activities on a password-protected school website.
The teacher’s version of this sample activity is available by calling or emailing Flinn Scientific.