Mass, volume, and density are concepts you teach over and over again during the school year in many different ways. Help students understand the relationships between mass, volume and density with our Equal Mass Kit. Five cylindrical objects, made of different materials with differing lengths, all have exactly the same mass and radius. Thus, density is inversely proportional to length. Contains five cylinders: brass, aluminum, nylon, PVC, and polyethylene-all 1/2" in diameter and 15 g in mass.
Classroom set includes 15 sets of materials, enough for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 554
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 265
You May Also Like
- Archimedes' Principle Kit
- Buoyancy in Air - Mass vs. Weight Demonstration Kit
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Density Cube Set
- Density of Solids Kit
- Build a Mini Hovercraft - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Overflow Can
- Specific Gravity Metal Specimens Set
- Glass Analysis Principles - Forensic Laboratory Kit