This item can only be shipped to schools, museums and science centers
Technology tools that help students explore science are not limited to computer-based systems. Texas Instruments, Vernier Software, and Flinn Scientific have joined together to provide a Calculator-Based Laboratory™ system (CBL™), curriculum and software programs that will enable your students to collect and analyze real-world data. Graphing calculators are low-cost, yet extremely powerful tools and are familiar to most of your students who have taken algebra. They are fully programmable with internal memory and graphical displays-these calculators replace the computer for collecting, storing, graphing, and analyzing data from the CBL and a wide variety of sensors. The calculators can be connected to a computer using the TI-Graph Link and data and programs can easily be transferred between the calculator and computer. Texas Instruments recently introduced the second generation Calculator-Based Laboratory-the CBL-2™. Used in conjunction with a TI-graphing calculator and Flinn/Vernier sensors, the CBL-2 provides your students with fabulous opportunities for advanced data collection and analysis both inside and outside the classroom. CBL-2 system comes with the following features:
• Flash memory: approximately 500 KB of memory that allows users to save experiment setups, store multiple trials, and archive calculator programs.
• Built-in user program: comes with DataMate software program that is quickly transferred to the calculator with one push of a button.
• Quick setup mode: Collect data without the calculator and reconnect CBL-2 to a calculator or computer to retrieve and analyze the data.
• Performance: Collect approximately 12,000 data points at rates of up to 5,000 points per second on each channel or up to 50,000 points per second on a single channel.
• Compatibility: compatible with TI-73, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92, and TI-92 Plus calculators. CBL-2 is also compatible with Flinn/Vernier sensors and manuals.
• Four channels for data collection: three analog and one sonic/ bi-directional digital.
Includes 3 sensors: an improved stainless steel smart temperature sensor, voltage sensor, and light sensor. Includes innovative cradle system and a 6" link cable. When ordering additional sensors, look for the sensors with a BT connector for maximum performance and ease of use.