|Address||<p>P.O. Box 219 Batavia, IL 60510</p>|
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Using the custom, built-in CAD system of WhiteBox Learning, students develop 3D models in minutes. The simplicity of the modeling process puts focus where it belongs—on learning the critically important science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) concepts that live just below the surface. After designing and analyzing in the web-based design software, student connect the virtual to the physical by printing custom templates that can be used to build physical representations of their designs.
Access to the Complete WhiteBox Learning Applied STEM System
• Gliders 2.0
• Structures 2.0
• Shelter 2.0
• Rockets 2.0
• Prosthetics 2.0
• Mousetrap Car 2.0
• Green Car 2.0
• Dragster 2.0
• Rover 2.0
• KidWind 2.0
The WhiteBox Learning Process
Begins with Research! In the research section, students begin by exploring all the theory and concept background they will need to proceed with the activity. This section includes background text with plenty of interactive activities, tools and tutorials to ensure students are well prepared for the remaining sections. Next, students move on to the Design section. Engineers combine scientific concepts and theories with reality using tools to visualize their designs in 3D. In this section, students use the custom, built-in CAD system to create 3D models on screen and quickly choose between a variety of components to improve their designs. Then, in the Analysis section, students work with a number of built-in tools to see how well their designs stand up to the scientific principles explored in the Research section. Creating the models is fun and exciting, but won't mean much if not supported by science.
Then it's finally time to compete in simulated, virtual competitions! In this competition portion of the activity, students see how their designs measure up against each other. After completing their design and applying any improvements, the Outputs section creates print templates and design specifications and bill of materials reports. Now that students have conquered the virtual world, it's time to Build and Test a real design in the physical world. This section includes instructions and tips to build a physical representation of their design.
The Benefits of WhiteBox Learning
• Teacher-Directed Curriculum: The specially designed learning system puts teachers in control. Teachers can adjust the content level to meet the varied learning needs of middle and high school students. Achievement and performance reports help teachers guide student learning.
• Standards-Based, STEM Knowledge: The application encompasses a high-quality, standards-based curriculum that enhances the development of fundamental science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) knowledge.
• Comprehensive Suite of Tools: The system contains a fully integrated suite of CAD, analysis and content delivery tools—all within a common, easy-to-use interface.
• Time, Focus and Confidence: The software and system was designed to maximize student focus where it matters most—on making theory actionable. This enables a higher standard of learning and ultimately yields confidence.
• Accessible Web 2.0 Interface: Because the system is web-based, it's accessible from anywhere. It's also built with the most advanced web-based tools available. This provides teachers with the flexibility they deserve and students with the "wow factor" they expect from technology.
Free software trial available! Contact Flinn Scientific for details.