Large simulated chromosome smears make this kit one of a kind. Your students can now realistically cut out chromosomes and use key characteristics to match them into pairs. The concept of chromosome pairing (homologous pairs) will have new meaning as students prepare human karyotypes. The six chromosome sets provided illustrate a normal male, a normal female, a male with Down syndrome, a female with Down syndrome, a person with Klinefelter syndrome, and a person with Turner syndrome. The karyotyping procedures used by a geneticist are employed during the completion of the karyotypes in this kit. The ease of use, the clarity of the chromosome pairs and the inexpensive nature of this pencil/paper simulation makes it a real money saver. You'll use the chromosome simulation masters for years to come!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 915
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 597
You May Also Like
- Karyotyping with Ideograms - Super Value Kit
- Magnetic Karyotypes—Biological Demonstration Kit
- PCR Simulation Kit
- Preparation of Human Chromosome Spreads Kit
- Plasmid Simulation Kit
- Recombinant DNA—Student Laboratory Kit
- Tracking Traits with Pedigree Charts—Genetics Demonstration Kit
- Transcription and Gene Expression in Bacteria Student Lab Kit
Understanding the Human Genome -
Student Laboratory Kit
- Baby Genes Kit