Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit, AP7178, etc.
Clearly demonstrate the powerful forces of tectonic processes with this easy-to-use, hands-on model. Brightly colored sand is provided to simulate the formation of folds, faults, erosion, and rift valleys. Comprehensive student worksheets and teacher's guide provide detailed discussion and analysis of continental drift, convergence, divergence, the Earth's changing surface, and other related concepts. Model size 13" L x 7˝" W x 4" H.
Concepts: Tectonics, faults, rifts, folds, compression.
Time Required: 20 minutes
Materials Provided: Yellow sand, green sand, plastic plates, push handles (long and short), teaspoon, tectonics container, washers, nuts.
Note: Replacement tectonic sand is available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 948
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 644
You May Also Like
- Exploring Earthquakes Activity-Stations Kit
- Modeling Faults Student Activity Kit
- Find the Epicenter—Student Activity Kit
- Strike-Slip Fault Activity Kit
- Investigating Plate Tectonics Lab Activity
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes Demonstration Kit
- Seismograph Model
- Mapping Earthquakes and Volcanoes Kit
- Pangaea-Student Laboratory Kit