Over 200 biology demonstrations! Look no further for an idea bank of great biology demonstrations. The authors have reviewed, written and tested a multitude of classroom demos. The best and most dramatic made it into this must-have resource book. There are enough demonstrations provided to literally perform “a demo a day” for the entire school year.
Each demonstration is specifically designed with the high school biology teacher and classroom facility in mind. The write-up includes an overview, applications, theoretical basis, materials, safety precautions, demonstration directions, disposal procedures and references. The authors also provide a philosophical framework for the demonstrations in their introduction to the book.
The demonstrations are diveded into 16 chapters:
- Process of Science, Inquiry and Safety
- What is Life?
- Chemistry of Biology
- Kinetics of Biology: Enzymes
- Energy in Biology: Respiration
- Cell Structure and Function
- Cells: Transport Across Membranes
- DNA and Biotechnology
- Sexual Reproduction, Meiosis and Heredity
- Diversity of Life: Microorganisms
- Diversity of Life: Plants
- Diversity of Life: Animals
- Vertebrate Body Systems and Homeostasis
Bring biology demonstrations back to life! 318 pages, 8½" x 11", spiral-bound.