Demonstrate that “black magic” has a scientific basis with the Halloween Chemical Demonstration Kit. From "ghosts and goblins" to "Evil Spirits," you will surely spook your students. The "slime monster" finale will leave students bewitched.
This item can only be shipped to schools, museums and science centers
Demonstrate that “black magic” has a scientific basis with the seven demonstrations included in this kit.
• “Ghosts and goblins” will appear out of a 2-liter pop bottle as the pop bottle collapses to prove their escape.
• An “amorphous monster” will foam up and out of an ordinary cup.
• “Evil spirits” will erupt from a jack-o'-lantern.
• Eerie lights will be given off by a mysterious solution and an ordinary candy.
• A fluorescent “slime monster” and a Silly Putty-type material will be concocted as your bewitching finale. Teacher Demonstration Notes and enough chemicals are provided to perform all seven demonstrations, seven times each.
Concepts: Catalysts, decomposition reactions, exothermic reactions, heat shrinking plastics, polyurethane foam, polymers, oxidation-reduction reactions, fluorescence, chemiluminescence, and triboluminescence.
Time Required: One full class period
Chemicals Provided: Manganese dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, polyurethane foam system, sodium iodide solution, energetic light solution, potassium ferricyanide solution, guar gum, sodium borate solution, fluorescein dye, and Elmer's Glue-All.
Note: Some common household items and laboratory equipment are required but not provided.