Learn all about Sir Isaac Newton’
s laws of motion—the basis of classical mechanics that still describe most everyday life situations. Observe the effects of kinetic and potential energy and see firsthand how energy is transformed from one form to another. Build 8 working models, including a ballistic catapult, gravity fan, collision car, moving cabin, balloon-powered plane and dragster. Booklet provides building instructions and detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied as well as innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. A quiz section is available to challenge newly acquired knowledge! Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- Newton’s first law of motion and the relation between force and motion.
- Newton’s second law of motion and the relation between force, mass and acceleration.
- Newton’s third law of motion and the physics of action and reaction forces.
- The concept of momentum.
- The fundamental properties of energy.
- What factors affect potential and kinetic energies.