In the Electrostatics Demonstration Kit for physical science and physics, study all the basic principles of electrostatics using this comprehensive, all-in-one kit that contains all the equipment needed for five demonstrations.
This item can only be shipped to schools, museums and science centers
Teach the basic principles of electrostatics using this comprehensive, all-in-one kit that contains all the equipment needed for five demonstrations!
• Charging a Flask Form Electroscope—Verify the existence and properties of static electric charge. Demonstrate charging the electroscope by conduction and by induction.
• Electrophorus and Condensing Electroscope—Show how much greater amounts of charge can be stored using an electrophorus and a condensing electroscope.
• Charge Distribution and Discharge—Use two condensing electroscopes to show how charges distribute and how a lightning rod works.
• Faraday’s Cage and “Ice Pail”—Show students how charge accumulates on the outside of a conducting shell.
• Curving Water into a Beaker—“Bend” a stream of water using an externally charged object, proving that water molecules are polar. For more advanced classes, the electrophorus and condensing electroscope together provide a great working example of capacitance. Includes detailed instructions and reproducible student worksheets for each demonstration.
Concepts: Static electricity, positive and negative charges, electroscopes, electrophorus, Faraday cage, repulsive forces, induction, conduction.
Time Required: 35 minutes
Materials Provided: Aluminum foil, pin, plastic tubing, PVC tubes, comb, electrophorus disks, Erlenmeyer flasks, rod-hook-rubber stopper assemblies, friction pads, friction rods, insulated electrophorus disk handles, self-adhesive foot pads, insulating acrylic plate, metal strainer (Faraday cage), metal tube (“ice pail”), nut for disk handle, syringe, washer.