Eight slides introduce and illustrate concepts of cell division, sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction. Slides cover topics from “simple” fission and mitosis (cell division) to meiosis (reduction division and the production of gametes). Mitosis and meiosis in both plants and animals are represented.
- Paramecium fission, w.m.
- Saccharomyces (yeast), w.m. Vegetative and budding.
- Allium (onion), l.s. Root tip for mitosis.
- Lilium, c.s. Anthers for first meiotic division.
- Hydra, budding, w.m.
- Whitefish mitosis, sec. Blastodisc.
- Ascaris, sec. Through uterus for meiotic stages.
- Grasshopper testis, sec. Spermatogenesis.