CBL-2 calculator-based labs consist of a Calculator-Based Laboratory system, curriculum and software that enable your students to collect and analyze real-world data.
See more product details
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Technology tools that help students explore science are not limited to computer-based systems. Texas Instruments, Vernier Software and Flinn Scientific have joined together to provide a Calculator-Based Laboratory™ system (CBL™), curriculum and software programs that will enable your students to collect and analyze real-world data.
Graphing calculators are low-cost, yet extremely powerful tools and are familiar to most of your students who have taken algebra. They are fully programmable with internal memory and graphical displays—these calculators replace the computer for collecting, storing, graphing and analyzing data from the CBL and a wide variety of sensors.
Texas Instruments recently introduced the second-generation Calculator-Based Laboratory—the CBL-2™. Used in conjunction with a TI-graphing calculator and Flinn/Vernier sensors, the CBL-2 provides your students with fabulous opportunities for advanced data collection and analysis both inside and outside the classroom. CBL-2 system comes with the following features:
• Flash memory: Approximately 500 KB of memory that allows users to save experiment setups, store multiple trials and archive calculator programs.
• Built-in user program: Comes with DataMate software program that is quickly transferred to the calculator with one push of a button.
• Quick setup mode: Collect data without the calculator, and reconnect CBL-2 to a calculator to retrieve and analyze the data.
• Performance: Collect approximately 12,000 data points at rates of up to 5,000 points per second on each channel or up to 50,000 points per second on a single channel.
• Compatibility: Compatible with TI-73 Explorer, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92, TI-92 Plus and TI Voyage calculators. Also compatible with Flinn/Vernier sensors and manuals. Not compatible with TI-84 Plus CE or TI-Nspire handhelds.
• Four channels for data collection: Three analog and one sonic/bi-directional digital.
Includes 3 sensors—an improved stainless steel smart temperature sensor, voltage sensor and light sensor—an innovative cradle system and a 6" link cable. When ordering additional sensors, look for the sensors with a BT connector for maximum performance and ease of use.