The Flinn’s Exploring Chemistry™
—Atomic and Electron Structure Package provides insight into the properties of matter. Build a solid foundation for student success with two experiments, demonstrations and POGIL™ activities.
See more product details
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Atomic and electron structure are central, unifying principles for understanding the properties of matter. Build a strong foundation for student success in chemistry with this integrated set of activities—two experiments, two demonstrations and two POGIL™ activities.
• Determine the structure of something you cannot see! Students will feel great when they deduce the construction of a “black-box” in The Think Tube demonstration.
• In Atomic Target Practice, students model Rutherford scattering to discover the “nucleus” of an atom.
• The Energy in Photons demonstration gives glow-in-the-dark evidence for the quantum theory of electron structure.
• The classic Flame Tests experiment provides colorful qualitative evidence for the electronic structure of atoms.
• Two POGIL activities, Isotopes and Average Atomic Mass, ensure understanding of how subatomic particles determine the identity and properties of an element.
Includes chemicals, specialized materials and complete instructions as well as free online video resources for three classes of 30 students working in pairs. Common laboratory equipment is required and available separately.