The Flinn’s Exploring Chemistry™
—Gases and Gas Laws Package explores the principles needed for students to use quantitative results to analyze the kinetic-molecular theory. Students complete six best-of-the-best activities.
See more product details
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Modern chemistry developed as scientists connected results obtained studying different properties of gases. Explore the principles needed for students to build their own “solid” connections with six best-of-the-best activities—three experiments, two demonstrations and a POGIL™ activity.
• Begin exploring with the Common Gases experiment. Students prepare five gases and compare and contrast their physical and chemical properties.
• Flaming Vapor Ramp demonstration will amaze students, and they will also learn an important safety lesson.
• Set up two gas law experiments, Boyle’s Law in a Bottle and Charles’s Law and Absolute Zero, using activity stations.
• What can pressure do to us? Find out with the Collapsing Can demonstration!
• Gas Variables POGIL activity ties it all together!
Includes chemicals, specialized materials and complete instructions as well as free online video resources for three classes of 30 students working in pairs. Common laboratory equipment is required and available separately.