Your students will gain insight into genetically-modified food as they compare the growth of traditional soybean seeds with seeds that have been genetically modified to withstand the effects of a widely-used herbicide. What are the implications for our food supply? What are the advantages to the soybean farmer? This hands-on activity will provide firsthand experience with transgenic crops and serve as a basis to do further study and research on this timely topic. Includes detailed student and teacher materials, soybean seeds, pots, soil, herbicide, and all other necessary materials.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 916
You May Also Like
- Corn Genetics
- Corn, Segregating Ears, 3 Purple:1 White
- Corn, Segregating Seeds, 3 Normal:1 Albino
- Albino Tobacco Seeds
- Heredity and Environment Kit
- Dihybrid Cross Poster
- Botheads - A Genetic Variation Simulation
- Discover the Possibilities! A Genetics Probability Activity
- Genetics - Laboratory and Classroom Activities Book
- Human Karyotyping Kit