Flinn Scientific’s online laboratory safety course is aligned with the American Chemical Society’s Guidelines and Evaluation Procedures for Bachelor’s Degree Programs (May 2015), which stresses the importance of laboratory safety skills and ongoing training in the following areas:
- Responsible disposal techniques
- Compliance with safety regulations
- Proper use of PPE to minimize exposure to hazards
- The use of safety data sheets and safety reference materials
- The ability to recognize chemical and physical hazards in the laboratory and react appropriately
- Understanding the categories of hazards associated with chemicals (health, physical, and environmental).
The course may be assigned and completed on any mobile device, at home or in a dorm room, prior to the first laboratory session or may be completed in class or lab in approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Flinn’s digital platform allows faculty and lab managers to retain course performance data and a digital record of signed safety contracts. The course is appropriate for use across all levels of the undergraduate science curriculum. Licenses may be purchased to support classroom or laboratory sections of any size, or individual access codes may be purchased separately by students. Digital enrollment keys allow your students to easily join your virtual classroom or laboratory section.
Make the Flinn lab safety course a part of your core curriculum. The Flinn online laboratory safety course may be incorporated throughout your curriculum to help build your department’s safety culture. Flinn’s online course uses an interactive approach to present the content that combines:
• Videos, graphics, and animations
• Insightful text accessible at all levels of the undergraduate curriculum
• Formative and summative assessments
• A digital safety contract
• Student-level and classroom/section-level data
Flinn Scientific offers classroom licensing options for the Laboratory Safety Course for Undergraduates. For one purchase price you will receive a registration key that can be used to create your digital classroom and easily link all of your students. All licenses are valid for a one-time use.
EL9000 Laboratory Safety Course for Undergraduates, Individual license
EL9001 Laboratory Safety Course for Undergraduates, Classroom Set (1–30)
EL9002 Laboratory Safety Course for Undergraduates, Classroom Set (31–60)
EL9003 Laboratory Safety Course for Undergraduates, Classroom Set (61–100)*
*For enrollments greater than 100 please call for pricing information.