The Flinn’s Exploring Chemistry™
—Chemical Bonding Package connects abstract principles of chemical bonding and chemical properties with a set of five activities while providing insight into the world of molecules and compounds.
See more product details
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Connect abstract principles of chemical bonding and the properties of chemicals with this exciting set of five curriculum activities—two experiments, a demonstration and two POGIL™ activities.
• Super Duper Polymer Gel demonstration shows the relationship between bonding and structure.
• In Lewis Structures and Molecular Geometry, a guided-inquiry lab, students draw Lewis structures and use models to visualize their unique three-dimensional shapes.
• The Color of Chemistry is a beautiful experiment! Brilliant color patterns obtained by dyeing a special multi-fiber fabric teach students about ionic bonding and intermolecular forces.
• Naming Ionic Compounds POGIL activity ensures that students will achieve the learning objective.
• Polyatomic Ions POGIL activity reinforces twin concepts of covalent versus ionic bonding.
Includes chemicals, specialized materials and complete instructions as well as free online video resources for three classes of 30 students working in pairs. Common laboratory equipment is required and available separately.