The Flinn’s Exploring Chemistry™
—Acids and Bases Package explores the principles, properties and applications of acid–base chemistry with five coordinated, colorful activities that provide a well-rounded approach for students.
See more product details
(Select option to see volume pricing availability)
Explore the principles, properties and applications of acid–base chemistry with five coordinated—and colorful—activities for this vital unit in your curriculum. Two demonstrations, a lab experiment and two POGIL™ activities provide a well-rounded approach for student success.
• The Indicator Sponge is one of the best discrepant-event demonstrations of all time!
• Take a grand tour of the Properties of Acids and Bases in this microscale experiment combining indicator, reactivity and conductivity tests to classify acids and bases and analyze the pH scale.
• Everything you ever wanted to know about acids and bases can be explained by the rainbow of color changes observed in the Upset Tummy? MOM to the Rescue! demonstration.
• Students discover that not all acids are created equal in the Strong vs. Weak Acids POGIL activity.
• The Calculating pH POGIL activity helps students understand and practice these vital calculations.
Includes chemicals, specialized materials and complete instructions as well as free online video resources for three classes of 30 students working in pairs. Common laboratory equipment is required and available separately.