|Address||P.O. Box 219 Batavia, IL 60510|
Item #: M0054
Flammable; dangerous fire risk; toxic by ingestion (ingestion of as little as 15 mL has caused blindness). TLV 262 mg/m3. LD50 5628 mg/kg. SPECIAL HAZARD ALERT: Laboratory accidents involving methyl alcohol occur when vapor in the air ignites and travels back to the source, causing a flash fire. Always cap the bottle of methyl alcohol and remove it from the area prior to performing any demonstration involving open flames, sparks or heat. Use only a small amount and always perform demonstrations behind a safety shield. Please call or email us to request Flinn Safety Fax Publication No. 10497, Methyl Alcohol Safety, for more detailed safety information and instructions.
This item can only be shipped to schools, museums and science centers